Reports to Executive Director
• Interacts with Board of Directors at board meetings where attendance is requested.
• Interacts informally with Board Committees representing volunteer needs.
• Interacts as an integral player on the LTTR leadership team.
• Interacts with the entire staff of LTTR at weekly team meetings and frequent informal interactions.
• Maintains a highly visible presence at community events in order to promote volunteer opportunities and the organizational mission.
VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
· Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization.
· Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations, to include all program needs, barn and facility needs, special events, office administration and reception, and the Team Captain program, as well as the Volunteer Committee.
· Attend community outreach events to promote organization and volunteer program needs.
· Schedule, coordinate and lead all volunteer activities, including corporate Days of Service.
· Assist in coordinating and managing all volunteer elements concerning organizational fundraising events, general program events and the Special Olympics program.
· Communicate with program team members to award the Volunteer of the Month.
· Plan and execute two annual Volunteer Appreciation events and recognition opportunities for volunteers.
· Conduct semi-annual survey of volunteer team to gather feedback on potential improvements to the volunteer program and structure. Disseminate surveys after each structured training.
· Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations in the area.
· Work with university contacts to recruit and onboard interns to assist with program and organizational needs.
VOLUNTEER SCHEDULING AND TRAINING
· Provide ongoing support and guidance to volunteers
· Act as a single point of contact for communications. o Confer with volunteers to resolve grievances and promote cooperation.
· Schedule existing/trained volunteers; communicate with volunteers on class changes, program needs and other relevant information on a daily basis.
· Lead in the development and recruitment of the Team Captains for each class day for the morning and afternoon shifts.
· Lead orientation for new and interested volunteers on a monthly and as-needed basis.
· Actively train prospective and existing volunteers on proper horsemanship, horse care and facility needs:
· Tack Maintenance
· Taking the Lead (leader training)
· Sensory Trail Maintenance
· Collaborate with program team members to provide advanced-level training to include an Agility Course for advanced leaders.
· Communicate with program team members on volunteer challenges, changes and success stories.
VOLUNTEER ADMINISTRATION AND RECORD KEEPING
• Maintain, edit and distribute the “Daily Schedule” to appropriate parties.
• Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate.
• Maintain accurate records (service records, background check and annual volunteer application completion) and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation.
• Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service.
• Provide individual service records to volunteers, as needed.
• Author written communications such as recommendation letters, instructions and other media to volunteers, as needed.
• Develop and oversee volunteer program budget, to include annual t-shirt order, recognition activities and supplies and any potential continuing education.
• Any other duties, as needed and assigned.
• BA in Communications, Public Relations, Human Resources or similar field or
• 2 or more years’ experience in volunteer coordinator or similar field.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional demeanor when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Flexible and able to adapt to change.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in line management and scheduling.
• Horse experience required.
• Proficient in MS Office, and database management.
• PATH therapeutic riding instructor certification a plus.
• Bilingual (Spanish, ASL, etc.) a plus.